Canadian Heritage

Thematic Collections

Log Drive
Drive on the Green River
Drive on the Green River

Date: 1927
Source: Cdem Fraser Companies, Limited Collection
Collaborator(s): Mr. Doris Hébert, Mr. Doris Hébert, Mr. Roger P. Martin

Description: Logs from the Green River woodlands arrived here until 1927 where they were placed on a haul-up and brought to the Green River Lumber Limited Sawmill which was in operation from 1922 to 1938. The owner, Mr.Oram B. Davis, transformed logs into boards and laths. The dam, the haul-up and the land were sold in 1939 to Fraser Companies Limited which built a loading shed for the transportation of pulpwood. The buildings of the Davis Mill were then moved to Salmon River.

Subject: New Brunswick,forests, Logging, Log driving, Green River