Canadian Heritage

Thematic Collections

View of the Mill after the Flood
View of the Mill after the Flood

Date: March 22nd, 1936
Source: CDEM Fraser Companies Limited Collection
Collaborator(s): Mr. Léopold Couturier, Mr. William Brebner, Mr. Martin N. Turgeon

Description: The Fraser sawmill in Saint Anne after the flood on March 22nd, 1936. One can see workers in front of the mill displacing ice floes. This mill was located at the mouth of the Quisibis and Saint John Rivers. It was in operation between 1925 and 1932, day and night. About 350 men worked at that mill, producing 110,000 board feet daily.

Subject: New Brunswick,Forests, Logging, Sawmills, Sainte-Anne